Monday, January 2, 2012

Pheaturing Michael Arcos From Jane Jane Pollock


Hello, and welcome to another entry of the Phile, kids. How are you? I am dead tired myself. Last night we went to see B.B. King in concert at Hard Rock Live. It was a very different kinda show that I ever saw. His band played two songs before he came out, then he spent 15 minutes introducing the band and sang a handful of songs. He didn't play guitar that much and sang here and there. He spent a lot of time talking and saying he doesn't think he'll be here this time next year. There eas no encore, and during the set the house lights came on as he was running late. Out of the 80 minutes the show was he probbaly sang and played guitar for like 12 minutes altogether. But still, we loved it, he put on a show nonetheless and there's not many musicians who are 86 who are still touring and playing. In my life I got to meet him a few years ago and now I saw him live in concert. My B.B. King chapter is now closed. He's in a lot better shape then I probably will be at 86. When I turn 86 it'll probably be in the grave. What else is going on? Did you hear this, a n off-duty trooper mistook a 66-year-old Norton woman and her two dogs for a deer and shot her with a black powder rifle. She'd have had a quicker recovery if he hadn't started cleaning and gutting her before realizing his mistake. Seriously, I saw a hat for sale at CVS last month. It was a camouflage patterned beaked cap, with DEAR ANTLERS on it! What kind of moron would wear that in the woods? This is how the 911 call went down... "Hello, 911? I've shot a woman! I think she's dead! What do I do?" "Sir, first make sure she's dead." "OK." There was a pause and then BLAM! All right, she's definitely dead. What do I do?" An Indian man who died in a state-run hospital is alleged to have had his penis chewed off by rats. Mickey and Minnie, what have you done?! Don't laugh. It won't be long until we have nothing but state-run hospitals in the USA. Don't forget your cup. Well, this is the second day of 2012, and the last year before we all die, if the Mayans got it right. But, this I don't really think this is gonna happen. I think the Mayan who carved the calendar out on the wheel told another Mayan, "I only had enough room to go up to 2012." And the other Mayan probably laughed and said, "Ha! That'll freak somebody out someday." So, this is election year and it seems more and more people are coming out and running then originally thought. Take a look at this campaign ad. I think they might have a shot.

Well, congrats to the New York Giants, who are making it to the playoffs, and Tebow who is also making it to the playoffs, even though they lost yesterday. Anyway, did you see this about Tebow? 

I was thinking, if Tebow had a thought, is it called a Christian ponder? Alright, and now for a new pheature I will call...

That's "fall flat" if you can't read Phileish. I am so retarded. Anyway, here is the first one.



The 9th artist to be pheatured in the P.P.A.G. is Christine Leakey. This is one of her pieces of work.

Christine will be a guest on the Phile in a few weeks.




Today's guest is one of the singers from the very different band called Jane Jane Polluck whose new self-titled album is now available from Bandcamp and themselves. They'll be next appearing at King’s Barcade in Raleigh, North Carolina on January 8th and will be performing at the Orange You Glad Music Festival on March 8th here in Orlando. That's a Thursday. What a stupid day to have a festival. Anyway, please welcome to the Phile from Jane Jane Pollock... Michael Arcos.

Me: Hello, Michael, welcome to the Phile. I really wanted to interview Courtney, and a lot of these questions were to her, but you'll do I guess. LOL. How are you?

Michael: I’ll play as Courtney and wear one of her dresses.

Me: My friend Jim stumbled upon you guys and saw you a few times in concert in Orlando. Are you from Florida?

Michael: Most of us grew up around Florida, but I’d much rather represent the broke down trailer in the woods of southern Georgia where I’ve lived for the past 4 years.

Me: Who is in the band with you? It's two guys and two girls, right? Kinda like Abba or Bucks Fizz. You probably never heard of Bucks Fizz.

Michael: 3 gents 2 ladies and nope… don’t know Bucks Fizz.

Me: You should check them out. "Don't Stop" is a classic... Anyway, there's nobody in the band named Jane, Jane or Pollock. Where did that name come from?

Michael: It’s a Asian market treat. Pollock like the fish. The fish is mostly found in Wal-Mart fish sticks.

Me: Jim gave me a copy of the self-titled CD and I enjoyed it. It was different then I expected. Do you all write the music for the band?

Michael: Hey! Thanks! And... Courtney, Danny, and I record a lot on 4-tracks then bring it to the rest of the family... sometimes we make it all together.

Me: There's a lot of unusual instruments on there, Michael. What weird things does the band use as instruments?

Michael: Dog toys, intercoms, and wrench sets.

Me: Courtney play's something called an old wandering genie organ. What is that exactly?

Michael: It’s a really special organ that you treat with respect. 3 wishes, no funny business.

Me: Jane Jane had a few releases out, but the last is self-titled. Why doesn't that CD have a name? 

Michael: Because Jane finally came to a place where it should have been at the time. An album we’ve been trying to capture for a while. It wasn’t that conceptual, just Jane Jane Pollock.

Me: My son Logan has a question for you.

Logan: Why isn't there any words on the cover?

Michael: Logan, you should write words on the cover, especially ones that you think would fit. How old are you? Are you into our sounds? Wish you were there when we put it all together.

Logan: Twelve and I don't really like it. It's stupid. LOL.

Me: Well, he's honest. He does like some songs, but more into AC/DC and Guns and Roses... and B.B. King. Alright, moving on... Where was that piano picture taken, Michael?

Michael: That tiny piano is played on our album and those are Boglins sitting and laughing on top of it. They were a quick fad in the 80’s. Puppets. You can move there eyes. I wasn’t allowed to have them as a child… so I have collected them since. It is a picture of a corner in my trailer that Courtney took. It’s still like that with a few additions. The Boglins play that piano very well.

Me: Also, there's a picture of you guys wearing masks inside the cover. I think I have a picture of that. Whose idea was that?

 Michael: Walmarts.

Me: Okay dokey, let's talk about your music. I have know idea how to describe it. Do you have an idea?

Michael: Nope.

Me: I watched the video for "Mouse Hole" and it was kinda scary. Who came up the that concept and was it fun to make?

Michael: "Mouse Hole" is my darling. Courtney helped with the stop-motion and everyone helped with the giant slip n slide mouse hole set. It was definitely a lot of fun

Me: How did that song become the first video?

Michael: It just happened that way. Stop-motion is therapy for me. I guess I was due for some. It’s definitely not our #1 smash hit. I make short films as well. Courtney helps a lot.

Me: My favorite song on the CD is "Punching Jackie". Who is Jackie and why is he or she getting punched?

Michael: Thanks and none of your business.

Me: Alright then. You use a few sound bites and dialogues for some songs such as "Punching Jackie", "Of Holy Colors" and "Poor Pretty Jane". Where are those audio's from?

Michael: Duel, I Married a Vampire, and Poor Pretty Eddie… please don’t advise the copyrights. Our cats and my mom were sampled as well.

Me: I won't, I promise. Do you listen to the dialogue audio and then write a song around it or write the song and then add the dialogue?

Michael: Usually the song first. But both essentially .

Me: So, what's next? Are you guys writing music for a follow up?

Michael: We are extremely grateful to be recording a new album on Elestial Sound. It’s an incredible label from the woods of Northern California. I think it will be hard to beat the self-titled one. Maybe we’ll go gospel techno hip-hop jock rock.

Me: Apart from Jane Jane Pollock you have another band with a girls name in the title... Kate Like Katie. Who is in that band with you and where did that name come from?

Michael: We all have side projects that usually link to Jane Jane. Kate Like Katie is Courtney and I. Danny is Danny. Chum Much, Michael Arcos, and Leather Eddie have plenty of me in it. Sometimes we work with Mariah Carey and Sugar Ray. We’d love to start something on the side with Celine Dion or Justin Beiber.

Me: Why not Court Like Courtney for a band name? That's a good band name.

Michael: That’s not a good band name. Jane Jane Pollock isn’t really either.

Me: Peverett Phile isn't a good name either. I took out the 'the' and it still isn't good. This is a question I had for Courtney... she also are a photographer, right? I like her photo's, she take's pictures of some interesting people. 

Michael: Yeah, she’s real good at taking pictures. It’s why I proposed to her. She denied, but promised me 4 mut-children. We are really happy and content.

Me: Does she show the pictures in a gallery?

Michael: She shows around. Only the finest galleries.

Me: Thanks so much for being here, and when the new album comes out, please come back again. Go ahead and mention your websites, Michael. All the best, and Jim says hello.

Michael: Thank you! Hi Jim. Logan! Where’s our next album cover? xoxo

Me: Thanks, Michael, and if you're serious about the album cover I will get him working on it. LOL.

Alright, that about does it. Thanks to Michael for a great interview and to Logan for helping. LOL. The Phile will be back on Wednesday with Mark Dean from the band Dark Mean and then on Sunday it's The Peverett Phile 6th Anniversary special entry. So, spread the word, not the turd. Don't let snakes and alligators bite you. Bye, love you, bye.



This picture was taken in New York City in 2004.




 








 









 















































No comments:

Followers