Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Peverett Phile Interviews: Britney Christian


Hello, kids, welcome to another entry of the P.P.I. So, how are you? Today's interview is with a young singer named Britney Christian who will become a big star before we know it. So, phans, here's Britney...


Me: Hello, Britney, and welcome to the Phile. How are you?

Britney: Doing great!

Me: I have to ask you, straight of the bat, did anyone ever tell you that you look like a young Lisa Marie Presley?

Britney: I actually don't think I've gotten that one before...

Me: You just came off a tour in Missouri. How was that? I bet it was cold.

Britney: The Missouri tour was great! I had a lot of fun doing it! It was definitely cold! And it did snow a couple nights. Its kinda cool to see the snow during this time of year it makes it feel a lot more like Christmas, we definitely don't get that in So-Cal.

Me: You live in California, right? I hope the fires weren't near you.

Britney: I do live in California, the fires were somewhat near, but our house wasn't in any danger.

Me: You just did a show with a kid named Devon Werkheiser? Isn't he from the Nickelodeon show "Ned's Declassified"? Is he a singer now? How was he?

Britney: Yes, he was Ned in the Nickelodeon show, now he's singing too. He's got a really cool acoustic sound going on! Very nice voice.

Me: Britney, I enjoyed your CD, which is available on iTunes, pholks. Anyway, you wrote most of the songs on it, right? Where did you get the inspiration from, you are so young?

Britney: Several of the songs on the record I pulled from personal experience in my own relationships, heartbreak, etc. When I don't have anything entirely song-worthy going on in my own life I draw ideas from my friends relationships, and fictional characters in movies and books!

Me: Are you writing songs for a follow up CD right now?

Britney: Yes I am! Several songs that may make the record are up on my Myspace page now. My most recent is called "Love Bribery" which I'm very excited about. I sang it live at my last couple concerts and it really seemed to get people up on their feet, rockin out!

Me: Britney, I have to hand it to you, you sang the National Anthem at more sporting events then anybody I know. Do you know the song by heart by now?

Britney: Oh definitely! When you're up there in front of 40,000 people you better know that song like the back of your hand! I was actually just practicing it before this interview:)

Me: Speaking of... you sang at Dodgers Stadium when you were like what, 12? Were you nervous? I mean, you must of sang before thousands and thousands of people?

Britney: Yes, I was 12 when I sang at Dodger Stadium the first time and I've sang every season since! I actually wasn't nervous! I think thats a separate blessing that I don't get stage freight. At that age, I had a much harder time of singing in front of 4 people that I knew as apposed to 40,000 I didn't. Now it doesn't really matter how many people are there:)

Me: Who goes on tour with you, Britney? If you were my daughter I would hire a team of bodyguards to watch over you. Your family must be supportive.

Britney: My family is super supportive! My mom actually comes with me on every tour and so does my little dog Butler! I've had my sister on a couple tours also when she's not in school and the rest of the family keeps begging to go too. As for the body guards, I'm actually a 3rd Degree Black belt so I don't think they worry to much!

Me: Tell the readers of the Phile about Milk Rocks! I am so dumb, when I first heard about it I thought it was a new candy.

Britney: Its definitely not about candy! The whole idea behind the "Milk Rocks!" campaign is to promote healthy living, healthy lifestyle and of course drinking milk!

Me: So, how many cartons of milk with your pic on it did you have to get for your family as souveniers?

Britney: I only have like 3! Can you believe that? We had to steal those 3 too:)

Me: Weren't you recently featured on the "Today Show"? Was that the highlight of your career? Or is this interview the highlight?

Britney: LOL, definitely this one:) The "Today Show" segment was actually about a year ago. It was a segment on the new fad of girls picking up rock and roll instruments. Say, 20-40 years ago, it wasn't very common for a girl to play an instrument like guitar or drums and now there's lots of girls like myself playing, which I think is awesome!

Me: Are you going to keep singing, Britney, or do you want to go into acting sometime?

Britney: Singing will always be my main focus, thats my passion. However I'm actually already into acting! I have a small part in the Dreamworks film coming out called Hotel for Dogs! I'm very excited to see it when it comes out in theaters in January:)

Me: When you're not performing, traveling or writing, what do you do in your spare time? Go to the beach, movies, the Beverly Center?

Britney: In my spare time (which isn't too abundant!) I like to do Tae Kwon Do, my whole family actually does it and we're all blackbelts so its a fun family thing. I love going to the movies, I'll see anything for the chance to sit in the theater and eat popcorn and milk duds... thats actually a lyric in one of my songs off of my CD called "Where you Got Me". And right now I can't keep my head out of a book because I'm obsessed with the "Twilight" series! After seeing the movie I went out and bought all the books!

Me: Do you have a boyfriend?

Britney: Nope, I'm flying solo. In my profession I don't really come across many guys my age on a regular basis.

Me: I have to ask you about your influences. You named pretty much every rocker chick out there, but no guy singers. Why is that? Have you ever met any of your idols?

Britney: I'm definitely influenced by guys and girl singers! As far as girls, I would say my inspirations growing up were: Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Christina Aguilera, Celine Dion, Pat Benetar etc. But I was also influenced by man guys such as: Queen, Elton John, Styx, Michael Jackson and even Elvis! I haven't actually met any of them but I did see Mariah Carey in a small concert a couple years ago and she walked right past me during the concert, it was pretty awesome.

Me: I have to ask you this. It wouldn't be a Peverett Phile interview if I didn't... what is your favorite Foghat song? You might be to young to know who they are.

Britney: Oh man, I guess I'm too young, I've actually never heard of Foghat!

Me: You graduated from high school, right? Did you finish with good grades? Are you going to college?

Britney: Yes, I actually graduated at 16 and I had straight A's all through school so I ended up with a 4.1 GPA. I was an overachiever, but I guess its just my personality to do everything to the best of my ability. I'm actually not in college right now, I'm pursuing music (and acting) full time! When I get the time, I would love to take some online classes from Berklee School of Music. They have some great courses offered.

Me: Finally, is there any advice you want to give the Phile readers, or any websites or words of wisdom you can speak of?

Britney: My advice, which is the message behind a lot of my songs is, be yourself and don't let anything get in the way of doing what you love! As for websites, be sure to join me on myspace: myspace. com/britneychristian and I would love to have you on my youtube channel as well: youtube. com/user/britneychristian7.

Me: Thanks, Britney, for taking time out of your day to do this interview. You've been a good sport. Keep rocking.


There you go, kids. She was a good sport and that was a good interview. Next time I interview her I will teach her about Foghat. LOL. And speaking of Hotel For Dogs I'm gonna take Logan to see it now. The Interviews will be back tomorrow with Jeff Hilliard, a very funny comedian and musician. So, until then, spread the word, not the turd, and thanks again to Britney.

No comments:

Followers